Decided just after Christmas that if Rob was buying the oldest ever Series 2 Landrover then he could bloomin well buy us a double buggy for when bump makes its arrival! After lots of head scratching and umming and ahhing and advice from the buggy queen I decided I wanted a Jane Powertwin. Wasn't going to pay full whack for a new one though never mind how much I wanted one! Managed to get one in the colour I wanted for a reasonable price on ebay though :o) This is what it looks like!
A little man in a van delivered it today and of course when he saw it Emyr decided he wanted to go for a spin! Me being me put his huge Bertie Bear in the back! Got a few funny looks but hey who cares! Anyways, its meant to be good off road, so took it on the bank near the estuary so Ems could look in the water ... just near the bottom of the bridge in this pic!
It was great off road, didn't tip, wasn't too bumpy and Ems loved looking in the water. Decided to put the brake on in case it slipped, not knowing this pram very well yet wasn't sure how much grip it had etc. Could I get the brake lever up afterwards!! OMG what a sight! Had to get down on my knees in the wet grass to figure the bloody thing out. Finally managed to work the brake out, then disaster strikes! I couldn't get up! Huge bump in way couldn't budge! Had my mother with me but she has a bad back and was as much use as a chocolate teapot and too busy bloomin laughing her head off!!!!
I'm still not sure how I actually got up lol! Am back home in one piece though thank gawd, not sure my back is still in one piece mind!!!
Moral of the story check your brakes without child in house before taking new pram out especially if you're hugely pregnant PMSL!!!!
Apart from all that I love the pram :o) Thanks Em xxxx
3.1.08
Kinda got stuck today!
Posted by DafadDdoniol at 7:58 pm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha sorry but that is sooooo funny lol trust you not to take the camera that would of been priceless haha xx
Sorry but I am also laughing hehe
Post a Comment